After you’ve carefully observed the first two steps the next important thing to do is to carefully wait. This is very crucial because it involves a lot of things and I will analyze them as follow. You Wait Physically.
- Physical waiting has to do with unnecessary body and unholy contact
- Emotional.That’s feeling and the desire for taste and testing. There’s nobody without emotion, no one is exempted. God created man with an emotion that is why we react to thing and we feel for something and somebody likewise has a feeling for us too.
In the course of courtship, so many often fell victim to the great mistakes by consciously and unconsciously engage in immorality, fornication, And all manner of Ungodly and unholy act, this happened because they couldn’t practically wait for the right or the ripe time to have sex.
Considering the type of life people live now, and the kind of nature and the devilish taste bored of this generation, 88% of the people in relationship/courtship hardly or didn’t wait for sex, they’ve had sex while dating/courting this they see as nothing and it has become not a trend, but it’s a norm, but according to God’s command, it’s not right not normal, in actual fact, it’s an abomination.
This abnormality has caused so much havoc in many marriages, homes, families, and in this generation at large. It’s an act of in-patent and disobedient to God. Sex shouldn’t come before marriage, both parties need and must wait till the ripe time, The ripe time simply means the right time.
This is why it’s paramount for the two involved to first submit themselves, commit themselves, and to invite God into their relationship/courtship for God’s spirit to guide and to be in charge while they go through the process, hence, they may fall into sin that might cause the joy of and the blessing of their marriage.
They both need to stay clear of any secluded place so that they’ll not enter into the temptation, sexual activity before marriage, they should avoid any close and unholy body contact bearing in mind that anything that could easily make it happen, can as well cause it to happen. And if it does happen, it could easily be a stumbling block for them, they should continually and consistently avoid it completely.
Things You Should Avoid in a Relationship Before Marriage
- Physical closeness. Intimate body contact, such as kissing, paging, romancing, etc.
2. Emotion: This is also should be avoided. Unholy emotion should be completely avoided. Any act of sexual activity done before and outside marriage is unholy sex, it’s also an ungodly act which is a personified sin.
3. Sex When sex is permitted in a relationship/courtship before proper marriage, it’s leverage and create a room for a curse and a faulty foundation, not just for the couple, but also the children that such marriage produces this might sound untrue too harsh to many, but it’s the practical true as laid down by God who himself is the founder of a fruitful and of blessed union and a marriage
Sex during relationship/courtship doesn’t make or create love, it’s will only create lust. When you engage in immoral acts of such before proper marriage, you’re creating problems for yourselves and the unborn children.
1 Cor 6:18-20
Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.
you were bought at a price. Therefore hhonourGod with your body. NIV
You’re making yourself vulnerable to the devil when you jump the process of waiting for the right time for sex in marriage, the demon of lust, and the urge for sexual lust is a spirit that usually controls the inner lust in this generation, the most painful thing about this sexual lust, is, they don’t see it as anything, neither do they regard it as an act that’s dishonourable to God, and to man.
Any attempt for anyone to disobey God’s command, it’s an invitation to invite the devil to trouble your life and your marriage. Satan is an accuser of men. The reason why you need to wait is to avoid any costly mistake that could easily lead you astray.
Why You Need To Wait
- You need to wait to pass the test of time, during the process.
- You must wait in order not to allow the physical, mental, and emotional about what is happening around you today to shortchange you of your tomorrow blessing.
Your waiting period is the time you both need to pray. Building and blessing each other with all manners of prayer.
To pray together, go for marriage counselling do all the necessary things that will be of great benefit to your union. Fasting and prayer, importantly, read and study the Bible shouldn’t be left behind here, it’s very much vital that you do this, build a strong home and the foundation of your relationship once it’s built on Godly soil, then it is certain that you’ve built on solid ground.
The process of a good relationship can’t be done at once. It’s a gradual process. But if you try by doing it right from the beginning, I tell you what, regardless of might happen along the way you will always be victorious and you will overcome. God’s presence in that marriage will not depart from you neither will you forsake amid any problem or battle, since God is part of it, He wouldn’t depart nor reserves from it.
Read Also: The Importance of Self Growth
More steps will be discussed on this subject in.. Oh, you got something to share with me?